Recertify by Earning 40 Contact Hours
Recertification for the BONENT-certified candidate using this option means that at least forty (40) contact hours during the four year certification process must be obtained. To successfully recertify you must:
Please read the bullet points under each group before listing your contact hours.
BONENT maintains final contact hour approval authority.
See Recertification Booklet (pdf)
Description of Groups A and B Contact Hours
- Obtain a minimum of thirty (30) contact hours in Group A
- Obtain the balance of ten (10) contact hours from among any combination of Groups A or B
Seminars, Webinars, Home Study & BONENT Approved CE Programs
Hours listed in this section must focus on nephrology.
- Credit is given according to the number of contact hours awarded.
General Health programs, CPR and Health-related college courses
This group includes or accepts continuing education programs designed for General Health Education.
- Credit for these programs will be given according to the number of contact hours or continuing education units awarded to each program, including journal articles.
- Journal articles submitted for credit must be published during the four-year recertification period.
- A copy of the certificate awarded, including the date of completion, must be submitted as documentation of completion.
- Accepted College Courses include:
One semester credit hour equals fifteen (15) contact hours; one-quarter credit hour equals ten (10) contact hours. An official transcript must be submitted to receive credit for these hours. Candidates for recertification must provide an official transcript or other documentation indicating successful completion of the course. See Recertification Booklet (pdf)